This delicious and nutritious meal is so quick to make - ready in 10 minutes!
- 3 Salmon fillets
- 2-3 courgettes, depending on size, spiralised/made into noodles
- 1 large carrot, spiralised/made into noodles
- 1 Cos or 2 Little Gem lettuce, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (or chopped fresh chilli)
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Marinade the salmon fillets in 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp chilli flakes (or half fresh chopped chilli), juice of 1 lime and a little olive oil for 5 mins
- Grill on both sides until done (3-5 mins skin side up & 1-3 minutes flesh side up, depending on thickness of fillets). Set aside to rest while you make your noodles, then cut into cubes while noodles are warming
- Meanwhile using a spiraliser or veg peeler make your courgettini and carrot noodles (could also use butternut squash if you prefer), gently pan fry in a little oil until soft, season and transfer to a plate
- Make a salad of lettuce and avocado slices, serve with salmon cubes on top
- Top with fresh coriander, more lime, more chilli flakes / fresh chilli (if desired)
Oily fish like salmon provides us with complete protein (meaning it contains all 8 essential amino acids we need for building muscle, growth and repair of all body tissues) and essential omega 3 fats (with important anti-inflammatory properties).
Using vegetables like courgettes and carrots instead of refined wheat or rice noodles adds extra fibre, nutrients and antioxidants to your diet and helps keep you feeling fuller, longer as they don't raise your blood sugar levels as quickly as the grain noodles would. Served with a salad and fresh herbs means you get 3 generous portions of vegetables and remember the more diverse your diet is, the happier your gut microbiome is!
If you don't like avocado, or find they are just too pricey at the moment, you could add some sliced radish, red pepper and a few pumpkin & sunflower seeds to the salad.
So even if you get in tired from work - don't be tempted by a packet of pasta - this is so quick to prepare and very nourishing!